Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kelsey!



Today is my, "Little one's" eleventh birthday! I can't believe that it has been eleven years since she came into my life and changed it forever, for the better. It's truly amazing how these little people enter our lives and become so much a part of us. Kelsey is definitely the part of my life of which I am most proud and brings me more joy than I could ever have imagined experiencing. This year, as she turns 11, I look at my brother and Lil' S and anxiously await seeing them experience this same, wonderful type of love that is just inexplicable until you experience it for yourself.

We had Kelsey's birthday party at Grandma and Grandpa's yesterday and Grandma even baked her an angel food cake from scratch....reminding me of so many of the homemade cakes that my Grandma used to prepare for us kids so many years ago! We enjoyed dinner, cake, presents, watching the baby deer play in the back yard, and just having some good family time together. We had a great time and look forward to many more! Happy birthday, Kelso!

3 comments:

erica said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey! I do remember those angle food cakes. YUM!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday,Kelsey! Wow, 11 years old! It'll be a great year!

scoop said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey! it sounds like it was a great birthday--she still looks like a blonde version of you...:)