Sunday, August 23, 2009

A baby on the way....



It has been 11 years since my last up close and personal experience to a new family member coming into the world. She changed my life forever and it is with great joy that I await the upcoming entry into the world by her cousin. As I write this, Nathan and Nicole are in the delivery room waiting for our newest family member to make his/her appearance! As is typical family fashion, the little one is late...all of our babies may not have been late but my brother and I seem to always be a little tardy and so, I think that this little one is going to fit right in with us! Besides, can we really blame anyone who wants to take their time coming into this world right now?

On a related note, it was on this date, 8 years ago, that our grandfather passed away. It seems like every year on this date, I get some strange happening or occurrence...perhaps a reminder that he and Grandma are up there watching over all of us still. It is no exagerration to say that I pretty much think about them, in some way, every day. However, it is good to get that little nudge once in a while too. (Yes, I'm weird and proud of it, hahaha!) Anyways, the strange happening today is that the hospital where this little one is going to enter the world is a very nice hospital which I have only been to one other time. You guessed it, Grandpa had a room there for a few days a couple of years before he passed away. Upon receiving the call this morning that things were underway and Big B and Lil' S were on their way to the hospital, I couldn't help but think of what today is the anniversary of and the funny coincidence that this will be only the 2nd time I have ever set foot in that particular hospital. Thanks, Grandpa, for still being there for us and for the reminder of how blessed we all are. I miss you more than anyone could ever realize and would want you to know that you live on through the many happy memories and times that you and Grandma shared with all of us. I can't wait to pass them on to this newest family member as he/she goes through life. Please watch over this new little person with all of the love and caring that you did with all of us. God bless us all and be with us today as we remember you and look to the future with our newest little addition.

3 comments:

erica said...

I think about Grandma and Grandpa all the time, too. Now, it makes perfect sense why Nicole's baby was so late and it seemes to be taking her forever to have it. I hope the baby has Grandpa's charm and sense of humor. Thanks for all of the updates.

scoop said...

I am so happy for them. I think Amelia is a great name...thanks for keeping us updated!

Nicole said...

I love that the date is shared with a precious moment in time in our family even though its a date on the calendar that makes the heart a little sad. Birth dates and death dates are special. They both make you stop and reminisce unforgettable people and memories. Life, family and relationships are treasures! I'm so glad that we have another person in the family to go through life with.

PS I'm so glad Kelsey got to see Amelia. I hope Amelia has Kelsey's sweet nature and loving heart.