Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The beginning

Well, here it is! Judging from the trials and tribulations that I went through trying to create a name for this thing....it may be a while before I really get the hang of it. Nevertheless, I am quite a BS'er and am quite certain that I'll have no trouble doing so once I get going! Please bear with me through these beginning days as I learn how to do this blogging thing! I must thank my Lil' B, Lil' S and my daughter for all of their help and prodding for without them, my technologically impaired self would never have had the drive nor the ability to crank this out!

Due to the fact that I get to try out a lot of different vehicles, a few of my friends and family members have prompted me to start a blog to post my experiences with all of the different cars. I am a bit skeptical of this but figured I would give it a shot. In reality, they are all probably just sick of hearing me yap about cars and figure that I can put my energy and yapping into a blog and then they won't have to listen to it as much! Nevertheless, I have decided to do this as kind of a journal of my thoughts on all of these cars. It is important to point out that I am in no way a skilled, professional, car columnist or anything. The viewpoint that I give is simply one of an average person who happens to enjoy driving and cars in general. I simply formulate my own opinions based upon my driving experiences with the different cars and this is my attempt to pass them along to anyone who may be interested or just bored in the middle of the night and looking for some good, put you to sleep, reading material!

No doubt, I will likely include personal tidbits and life experiences along the way that have nothing to do with cars. This is due, in part, to the fact that I just love to talk and write about such things. Nevertheless, I often do relate many of life's experiences to vehicles in some way; whether it be mechanical, aesthetic, or some other aspect of a car, it is the way I think and I hope you can derive some form of enjoyment from it like I do! I have my grandfather, father, uncle, and brother to thank for such a way of thinking. Yes, cars have always been a family fascination for us and many of us have carried the passion into our daily business. (When I was a kid, it wasn't a family gathering if there wasn't a hood open in the driveway at some point!) It is something for which I am forever grateful because it is a hobby that has all of the parts of life rolled into it. At times, cars can be frustrating contraptions while at other times, they can give you a tremendous source of pride, accomplishment, and attachment. They can make you cry, laugh, cheer, and inspire all of your senses. What's not to love? From the model A Ford to the Dodge Viper, cars are a part of all of us. Some of us have just been lucky enough to have them be a larger part of our lives than others!

So, here goes. I look forward to hearing anyone's thoughts, ideas, comments, and opinions so please feel free to let me know what you think. Hope someone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoy talking about it....haha!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey, Big B! It looks great! I look forward to reading your report cards on all the sweet rides you take!

erica said...

Wow, Daniel! I think your blog looks great. You may have found your new calling! Grandpa would be proud : ) I hope you'll include lots of memories of the good old days.