Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Early Wheels....




Well, here we are with a couple of birthdays to celebrate today. I must admit, it took some effort to locate pics of these two with their, "Early iron" wheels but fortunately, with help from others, I was able to come up with the pics you see here. It was almost to the point of having to photo shop something together in order to keep with the "car" theme of this blog! We see here that Nicole has apparently always been a small car fanatic, as her first car, which we see her happily crawling away from, was clearly a single seater! It is interesting to look at old pictures like these and realize just how much technology has changed our lives....remember having a roll of film that would only hold 12 pictures and then having to wait to get them developed...only to have photos that years later are hazy and yellowed or even better, black & white? I can remember having 1 roll of film in the camera for over a year and now it's hard to imagine having to wait more than a few seconds to see a picture I just took! Just think, our kids will never know that torture...so many of our photo memories from today will be bright, clear, and plentiful when they're our ages. They won't have to wonder what color the car was in the photo or what their outfits really looked like in color! Heck, for that matter, we can even take video w/sound on our little cameras now so that they won't even have to wonder what we all sounded like! I won't even get into that all-steel swingset in the background....oh my gosh, isn't there some kind of OSHA law against those dangerous contraptions? Gees, I'll bet it was even manufactured here in the United States without any Chinese paint or anything, huh? It's a miracle that any of us lived through childhood with such dangerous toys, isn't it? How did we survive without China to help build "safer" toys, hahahaha? Again, I digress.
Happy Birthday to my Lil' S and Larry.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks, Big B! This picture of me is my sisters favorite! She always has told me that.

erica said...

I love the pictures! You forgot to put one of Johnny on your last entry, though : )