Just had to post this real quick because I feel certain that most anyone who reads this blog still, will appreciate it.
For the second time in recent memory, I was asked by a sub-25 year old person, what kinds of cars are made by General Motors! No, I'm not joking, I received a call from one of our young customer service representatives, asking me what cars are General Motors cars and if we could get any of them. I answered in disgust and was just in awe. I mean, like it or not, General Motors is part of our history. Yes, it's part of my family history too but I'm talking about the United States. We would not be where we were today had it not been for the Big Three and guess what, half of the people that hear about the Big Three probably couldn't tell us who they are! Isn't that sad? That's like not knowing that the railroads built this country or that George Washington was our first president, or who Thomas Jefferson was, or....well, you get the picture. Additionally, I find myself wondering where someone who asks this question has been for the past year? I mean, it isn't like the Big Three haven't been in the news a few times and wouldn't you wonder what the Big Three are if you heard it on the news every day for several months? It just makes me sad that we are doing such a poor job of educating these people today and that these things just don't seem important to them anymore. How would we have faired in World War II without the Big Three to produce our wartime products? How would we fare today if the Big Three are gone and all of the factories and by-product factories go with them? Anyways, I digress. For anyone who isn't sure what cars belong to GM, here it is....PLEASE, PLEASE pass this information along....
Cadillac
Buick
Oldsmobile (no longer around)
Chevrolet
GMC
Pontiac
Saturn
Hummer
Saab
Now, just in case anyone pops on the blog who doesn't usually read and doesn't know, the other Big Two of the Big Three are Chrysler and Ford. Get it? (there are 3 companies in the group, hence the name, Big Three) You may have heard of them, in fact, all of those factories that are mass producing cars for Japan and Korea got their basic idea from a guy named Henry Ford...an American.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
let's take em out back and beat the stuffin out of him...hee hee. This just means we are getting older. Those whippersnappers!
Post a Comment