Sunday, February 15, 2009

Life is worth LIVING....Don't forget to LIVE it...

Sent from a friend of mine via email...

> Will I Live to Be 80 ?
> >
> > I recently turned 65 and had to choose a new primary care
> > physician for
> > my Medicare program.
> >
> > After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was
> > doing "fairly
> > well" for my age.
> >
> > A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't
> > resist asking
> > him
> >
> > "Do you think I will live to be 80?"
> >
> > He asked: Do you smoke tobacco or drink alcoholic
> > beverages?"
> >
> > "Oh no," I replied. "I don't do drugs,
> > either."
> > "Do you have many friends and entertain
> > frequently?"
> >
> > "I said, "No, I usually stay home and keep to
> > myself".
> >
> > "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"
> > I said, "No, my other doctor said that all red meat is
> > unhealthy!"
> >
> > "Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing
> > golf, sailing,
> > hiking, or bicycling?"
> >
> > "No, I don't," I said.
> >
> > "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of
> > sex?"
> >
> > "No," I said. "I don't do any of those
> > things."
> >
> > He looked at me and said,
> >
> > "Then why do you give a shit?"

No comments: