
This past week, one of my best friends was in town for a visit. I kid him that he came down south to thaw out for a few days but in all reality, we just got together to have fun. I must say that we packed quite a bit of fun into two days; in fact, I am still recovering! We drove all over the hill country, putting over 500 miles on our Nissan Murano. Overall, it took us almost two full tanks of fuel for our journey but that aside, it did provide a good ride and sat high enough up to conquer some of the minor off-roading that we did at one of our stops. We saw Stonehenge 2, spent some time relaxing alongside the beautiful Guadalupe River, conquered Enchanted Rock, hiked through the wilderness, took a stroll down JD's memory lane at his family's place, visited Wildseed Farms, had some incredible catfish, chicken fried steak, and barbecue along the way but most of all, we talked. Our specialty in school was our ability to BS and talk for hours on end. It is a talent which we have both taken to the next level and as we continue to prove each time we get together, we still got it! I never would've believed that we had actually traveled the number of miles that we did but that's because getting there and spending time together was over 1/2 the fun! JD, thanks for coming down and for all of the memories we share, I can't wait til' next time!

For those of you who may never have experienced the climb to the top of Enchanted Rock, I highly recommend it. JD and I are convinced that the rock is growing and becoming steeper as the years go by. I can't say that it's ever been an easy climb but it takes more out of me every time I go.
Of course, on the flip side of that, I think that the beauty of the view from the top becomes sweeter with time as well because as I age, I recognize it for so much more than just a big rock to climb up and look out from. Enjoy the pictures and consider a trip to the rock if you haven't already. We had an awesome time visiting and sightseeing. It was so nice to get away and forget about the rest of the world for a few days. I am convinced that there is no better time than time spent relaxing with friends and family while enjoying this beautiful earth that God created.

2 comments:
I'm so glad you guys had fun! You sure had perfect weather. Enchanted Rock looks beautiful! What a truly special place. Great view and great pics!
I had a great time, too and I'm looking forward to our next time to hang out and BS some more. I cannot believe it was 500 miles. That's about a third of the way from my house to yours. Pretty Cool!
Post a Comment