Here we are again. September 10th. Grandpa would've turned 101 years old today! It's hard to believe and so weird that it doesn't seem like long ago that he was here with us. Strange, and sad, how quickly the time passes. Grandpa crosses my mind often, whether it's an old story he told, nicknames he had for things, or just his happy attitude that he seemed to carry with him every single day.
That said, I had no plan to fire up the blog pen today because I kind of figure I've said everything I can say. However, I just had to share this....
There is this show that I watch quite regularly on TV now that I'm on a bit more of a normal human schedule. They usually give out 4 or 5 trivia questions and answers throughout the show and I always enjoy trying to guess the answers. Most are historically related facts. Today, OF ALL DAYS, the trivial fact was that BUICK is the oldest American car manufacturer. The funny thing is that it didn't hit me until later this evening when I went for my nightly walk how unique it was that this came up today. As I stated above, of all days, Grandpa's birthday. No one can convince me that this is just pure coincidence...after all, what are the odds? I can't explain it, I guess I don't need to, but I definitely find meaning in it every time one of these weird occurrences happens. Most importantly, it makes me think of loved ones, good times, and amazing days gone by. While there is some sadness that comes about during those thoughts, the overwhelming feeling is a good one that does my heart well.
Happy Birthday Grandpa!

1 comment:
Love these stories. I guess it was Grandpa's way of saying 'hi.' I'm glad you blogged about this.
Post a Comment