Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, my lil' wheel!



Today is a special day for me because this evening, about the time most folks are about to have dinner, my little girl will turn 10 years old! Yes, I have driven her nuts over the past few weeks, reminding her that she'll never be a one digit age again but isn't that what Dads are for...to pester and kid their little girls? Anyways, I try to stay away from too much present, personal fodder on my blog but just had to recognize the anniversary of the event in which the most important person to ever enter my life arrived. We've been having fun ever since. It's hard to believe that 10 years have already gone by since that fateful trip to the hospital when I went in just a guy and came out a Dad! Wow...10 years. Hey wait, that means I'm old, right? Oh well, what better way to age than to watch one's children grow and to share in their experiences along the way?

Traditionally, I must keep with the car theme on this so here it is. The picture below is just one tactic I used to get homework done...what more could a kid ask for than to be able to stand on the seats of a new impala super sport, work on one's homework on the roof, all while being parked in the middle of a country park with ducks, geese, and a flowing river running alongside you? Hey, don't knock it, it worked, ok?
Although she isn't as big of a car nut as myself, she does take interest in some of the vehicles that we drive and she is the sole reason that I still have my little convertible sitting in the garage....that's our FUN car! We also enjoy going to the lake, fishing, camping, riding trains, watching movies together, watching live ice hockey, roller skating, bowling, traveling, and many, many other things too numerous to list. We don't enjoy homework or cleaning but we do it together anyways just because it has to be done, haha! Most of all, we just enjoy being together. There is so much that I could say about her but I can sum it all up by simply saying that she makes my life worth living. I'm so proud of her and the person she has become. She gives me purpose, happiness, and a huge amount of pride and I love her more than life itself. Happy Birthday, Kels!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELSEY!!!

Nicole said...

I just read your post again and had to comment on YOUR post. Wow...You are a GREAT dad!! This warmed my heart.

erica said...

Happy Birthday, Kelsey! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Grace still talks about you and named one of her dolls Kelsey : )

Mindy said...

Yes, although my comment is late, Happy Birthday! My kids too love you and can't wait until you come to play again!