
Today is my cousin Mindy's BD. The picture that you see on this post is of Mindy when she turned 6 years old, just one year younger than her son is now. Isn't it unbelievable how quickly the time flies and how so many years can pass and yet our childhood just doesn't seem like that long ago? One of my old, "Mindy" memories is from many years ago when my Mom, brother, and I were at the lake with our grandparents. We had been out in the boat for most of the day and were slowly riding back to the boat ramp to call it a day. As we passed by the swim park, we noticed a small girl way up on the beach waving her arms at us and running along the bank. We were the only boat out on the water at the time and none of us could recognize the girl nor figure out why someone would be waving so intently at us. I mean she was practically doing flips to get our attention and all any of us could figure out was that it was just a little girl being silly. Well, as it turned out, days later, Grandma is talking to Aunt Kristine and finds out that Mindy had been at the swim beach that day and had seen us out in the boat and tried to get our attention. Of course, the story then clicked and when Grandma told us who it was, it all made sense. I still have no idea how in the world Mindy recognized us from several 100 yards away!
Anyways, between my grandmother's BD last week and Mindy's today...I have discovered that the two of them were both very elusive relatives when it came to photographs with themselves and a vehicle of some sort!! As a result, this picture was taken at the table in the kitchen and shows little Mindy with TWO birthday cakes! Yes, my cousins and I were really spoiled when it came to our birthday cakes because we always had one homemade cake from Grandma and another from a Mom or Aunt. Those were the days...but I am proud to see that Mindy is still baking homemade cakes for the younger set...Grandma would be very proud of you as we all are. Don't feel old, you're still the baby of our generation, right? Happy Birthday, Mindy!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Mindy!!!!
That's so sweet! Sorry I'm such a loser and took this long to comment!! BTW, I don't remember doing that at the lake that day! Is memory loss supposed to happen at 33? Anyway, thanks again for your lovely post!!
Post a Comment