
Over the past few years, as I have gained a greater appreciation for our history and where things came from, I have taken an interest in photographing older cars that I find rotting away in various places. I have a strange way of viewing this but the way I see it, I look at what is left of these old relics and I always think about how at one time, this decaying piece of metal was someone's pride and joy. It was once something that someone dreamed of being able to own. Of course, being very interested in antique cars anyways, I like to look at the style and class of the car and even the workmanship and quality of build that can still be seen after all of these years. I admit, I'm a weird car nut but I kinda feel like these are abandoned items that were once really special to someone and by recognizing them for what they were and pausing to appreciate that, it's almost like they're brought back to life, in a sense. As I said, I'm weird, but this is my blog so I guess that's what you get, hahaha!
This particular car is a late 20's Model A Ford, tudor sedan. It is sitting next to a tree a few yards off the road in Bayfield, Wisconsin. Surprisingly, the car is fairly complete, although many of it's parts are laying inside of the car. Just think, this 80 year old auto was once a car that many people aspired to own. Whoever did own this one, likely considered themselves lucky at that time and probably had hours and hours of enjoyment just having a car to drive. Granted, to many of you, this may look like junk but consider this....after 80 years of sitting outside in your driveway and yard, how much will be left of any of our current vehicles? Imagine all of the plastic, rubber, and flimsy components that will melt away, fall off, or be eaten by various critters. All of the main components of this old Ford are there....solid steel, built to last, and built to be repairable by the common man. Many see junk, I see a piece of history.

1 comment:
I like your way of thinking!
Post a Comment