Today is my cousin, Susan's, birthday. Her birthday is always an easy one for me to remember for two reasons.....first of all, because it's on the 1st of the month and secondly, because of our family, the two of us are the closest in age! Yes, of the younger generation of cousins, Susan and I are the old fogeys of the group. I guess you could say that we kind of bridge the gap between you young'uns and Chris and Jeff. Anyways, just wanted to wish Susan a happy birthday and thank her for getting older with me so that I don't have to be the only elderly cousin! Anytime I think of our family birthdays, I recall good times like the old days of backyard baseball games with trees as bases, going to the pool at the lake, and playing games like running while straddling balloons, or dropping a cold spoon on a string all the way through one's attire and then having to pass it to the next person who would do the same. Oh yeah, we had some fun didn't we? Anybody remember going to Fargo's Pizza place and watching the old silent movies? As for Susan, I recall that whenever we would have our summer gatherings at the pool, us city folk would watch Susan dive and wonder if she would one day make the Olympics....she was quite the diver in her day! It sure was great being young in our family wasn't it?
I do have a pic to post but have to wait until my computer whiz shows up later tonight to jump start the old scanner for me.
Happy Birthday Susan! Hope you have a great one!!

2 comments:
Not sure if she sees this but in case she does, Happy Birthday, Susan!!
I did see it...and I even updated my own blog! Thanks Daniel for such a nice post and I'm going to steal that picture of us with Grandma...happy birthday to you too!
Post a Comment